First note, the picture looks worse than the actual injury. Shyla and Jacob were playing around with those little metal toy cars. Shyla tends to get a little, um, rambunctious, when left unattended. You have to know her to understand what I mean. Anyhow, she tossed the Lightening McQueen car toward Jacob and it hit him in the eye. She went to get an ice pack because he got hurt and was crying. By the time she came back his eye started bleeding and was dripping on the floor. You know how head wounds can be. They look and bleed worse than the actual injury. Anyhow, when Shyla came back around the corner and saw the bleeding she freaked. Jacob had also wiped his face because he felt the blood dripping down and saw it on the floor. Somehow he went from the carpeted play room to the non carpeted area of our entryway like he knew the blood was going to drip. I believe the God was watching out as He does and urged Jacob to go to the entryway. I mean, in our house there is only the kitchen and bathrooms that aren't carpeted. We have an area rug by the front door and he was in the space that doesn't have carpet. Divine intervention indeed!
Jake and I were trying to tend to Jacob, but Shyla was sobbing uncontrollably wherever we went. I finally had to put her in her room and explained that accidents happen and she's not in trouble, but she really needs to back off and let mommy and daddy fix Jacob then we can talk to her. Oh man, she felt horrible.
This incident reminds me of a time when I was 8 years old and my brother and I were playing hide and seek, well, hide and jump out from behind a door/wall to scare the other person. I was hiding behind the front door and my brother saw me in the crack where the door hinges to the wall. I remember him saying, "I see you!" and he pushed the door. My mouth was even with the doorknob. I fortunately didn't break any teeth, but my front teeth did make it through my top lip. The split was right at the point where my fleshy lip meets with my mouth, so I needed stitches. My doctors name was Dr. Love. He blew up a surgical glove like a balloon for me to take home. I remember getting home REALLY late, when in reality I think it was like 11 o'clock pm. My brother had written me a letter telling of how sorry he was and that it was all his fault. My mom still has the letter and shows it to me from time to time.
Jacob didn't need to get stitches. After the boo boo was healed, it's only about a 1/4" cut. Man can a little boo boo bleed. |
No comments:
Post a Comment