Shyla is always asking me to paint her nails. It's hard to say no to her because she is such a girlie girl (and tom boy too). She loves to dress up in funky clothes, pick out my clothes, put on makeup with me or on me, she loves sparkles and anything related to the above stuff. It's hard to see in the picture (taken in November 2011), but she had picked out a lavender color for me with pink sparkles on top and a lovely shade of hot pink for herself. Lately I've given her a clear color or light shade for her to pratice painting my nails. She's surprisingly better than I thought she would be.
I remember my mom teaching me how to paint my nails. I can also remember getting mad and frustrated that I wasn't able to paint my left hand since I am a lefty. I know soon I'll be there with Shyla. Keeping in mind how long ago I learned to paint my nails, and how I am now doing it with her, and knowing how fast that time has gone by, I try to cherish the time I have to let her experiment with colors and painting. Sometimes she gets frustrated that she can't do it as well as me. I remind her that I at one time didn't know how to paint nails very well and that will lots of practice she will be great at it. Maybe even better than me! I hope that she has fond memories of painting nails and playing with hair and makeup with me. I love you Shia-pie!
No comments:
Post a Comment