It’s party day!!! The day didn’t turn out quite how I had planned. With Jacob’s birthday in June, we were planning on having his party at a local park. June, sun, fun play date at the park. WRONG! It rained all weekend. Whatever! I was so annoyed. I was excited to have it at the park where I didn’t have to clean the house up for the guests. We had to send out last minute emails, texts, and messages to people so they would still come to celebrate, but just at our house.
Everything turned out okay in the end and it was a lot of fun… but I was still looking forward to a park party. Oh well, there’s always next year! The pictures can explain the fun that was about to be had. We played Pin The Tail On The Donkey, had a pinata, ate lots of yummy food, celebrated with cupcakes, and ended the party with a marshmallow fight!
Jacob! Max! Don’t do it! Step away from the cupcakes!
I love the Jacob and his cousin Chase have the same birthday. “Same birthdays” are a special thing to me (my grandma, me, and my cousin Cameron all have the same birthday and it’s the same day my grandpa passed away. I’m not totally ready to talk about that whole thing yet, but I will be soon, I promise, I need to.).
My dad can be pretty conservative. Times like this… I like to see a real smile on his face. I think he’s secretly having an awesome time though he’d never admit it. I like to ruffle his feathers. “Aw come on dad, you know you wanna!” I say that to him from time to time. Getting to let loose is a must for everyone. Life really is too short to not.
Yes, we did have to have a marshmallow fight. Candy brought some H.U.G.E. ammo and Jake raided the cabinets to find mini marshmallows too! Oh the white that covered my house. I’m sure I’ll be finding random marshmallows for some time to come.
I see some hair poking out. It’s Shyla’s! Yes, my 4 1/2 year old daughter fit inside a gift bag.
Jacob has a way (and Shyla too) of cracking me up so that I’m laughing so hard I just may pee my pants. Uncle Bruce stuffed Jacob in a large gift bag. He yelled, clear as day, “Let. Me. Out!” Until that point he was a one-word kid or whatever multi-word sentences he did say weren’t clear. This is probably the beginning of never getting him to be quiet!
This makes me think of a time when Jake and I were shopping at Mervyn’s (it was their going out of business sale and they had some awesome deals!) and we were pushing Shyla around in her stroller. I think she had to have been about 18 months old at the time. Anyway, we’re pushing her around the store and she sees a shelf with stuffed monkeys on it. Like Jacob, clear as day, “MONKEYS!” she yells. We tried to get her to say it again. It was the most clear word she had ever spoken if I remember correctly. Nope. All we got was “muh-kee”.
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY LITTLE BUNDLE OF JOY! And many more to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment