Shyla has had a few sicknesses along the way, but up until this time, NEVER this bad. On Tuesday, July 19th, Shyla was throwing up alllllll day. She couldn’t keep anything down. Morning until the next day. She recovered Wed/Th. Thursday night she had stayed at my parents place and on Friday my mom was telling me how it was going. She just mentioned Shyla was a little cuddly in the morning and had been sleeping on the couch during the day. SOOO not normal for Shyla.
When we went to bring her home I gave her a hug and she was burning up. 103 fever. Not too bad for a child, I know their temps can be higher than an adult. Below is the picture of her when we got home. No teeth brushing. No jammies. She just wanted to get in bed.

For the next couple of days she threw up everything and her fever kept going up. All she did was sleep. Her fever at it’s highest was 105.3. I was getting nervous, but it didn’t stay high for too long. Below is how she looked a couple days into being sick. Still not doing anything. Poor girl!

A couple days after that she got a cold. Great! A cold on top of the flu and throwing up. She was so tired and weak. I hated to see her like that. Below is Shyla during the night, I think it was about 2am on the 25th. She’s in bed with me, Jake went to sleep downstairs. She was just so uncomfortable sleeping. I propped her up on pillows and cuddled her to sleep. I then was awake for the rest of the night because she was snoring from her stuffy nose. I didn’t want to wake her so I laid there and quietly watched TV. This happened 3 nights in a row.

A day or so after that, Shyla looked horrible. She was on her way to feeling better, but was still weak from being sick for so long and not eating hardly anything for about 5 days. I wanted to make her feel better so I let her play with some of my makeup. Something I don’t normally do. She was happy even though it doesn’t look like it. This was her happy face that day! That’s not makeup on her eyes, those are very dark circles from really bad sleep for a week!

Jacob on the other hand was having a BLAST! I don’t usually let the kids watch TV all day, but since Shyla needed so much attention, not many chores got done and Jacob got to watch A LOT of TV. He watched Mickey’s Clubhouse for hours and hours. He was a happy boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment