Planted on April 18, 2011. Each year, after what seems to be the last frost I plant a garden. Last year it was warm early and I actually felt a little late planting. This year I felt like I was one of the first to get my garden started. We haven’t had much warm weather though and actually, right after planting, about a week later we had… really cold weather with 2 nights of freeze warnings! But, alas, the garden keeps on growing. Four tomato plants. Last year I was crazy and planted eight. I think four is enough… bring on the sun!
The back row has 3 egg plants. The middle row has 4 green bean plants. And the front row has 2 zucchini plants.
On the left there are 4 zucchini plants. In the middle there are 4 watermelon and 1 cantaloupe plants. I’m not expecting the melons to actually grow. I’m hoping, but they haven’t worked for me yet.
Num num! Strawberries! It’s been a couple of years since I last planted strawberries. This year, I’m going to leave them planted after they are done blossoming. I’m going to let the plants fill in the space. Next year I’ll have even more strawberries!
Cucumbers plants. I’m not sure if this space gets enough sun, but we’ll find out. I think next year though I’m going to add more strawberries here (the other strawberries I planted are to the right of the green plant shown in the picture) so that in the off season I have more plants and not just dirt.
2 green bell pepper plants. These are set in the front of the house next to the garage door.
Monday, April 18, 2011
It’s Garden Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment