Shyla graduated from Tiny Town Preschool today. She’s not finished though since she will be there for the last time (3rd time) next year before starting kindergarten. In between sessions with this preschool Shyla goes to the community preschool across the street. Last fall she was a Rising Star. The session that starts next month she will be a Bright Horizon. She will be attending twice a week for 3 hours at a time. The other preschools have been 1 1/2 or 2 hours long and that just doesn’t seem like enough time to really do anything before I have to pack Jacob back in the car to go pick her up.
-The kids sang songs to the parents.
-They recited the Tiny Town Chant and Pledge of Allegience.
-The student teachers put on a puppet show.
-Each child received an award diploma. Shyla got the Pink Power Ranger award. (The girl handing her the award in the picture below is Megan. This was Shyla’s one-on-one student teacher and… she. was. awesome!)
-After the ceremony there was lunch outside.
I am always so proud of my little one when she accomplishes anything. She really can do anything she sets her mind to. (I guess there was something about what my parents taught me as a child). She is at the top of her game academically. She’s sociable. She’s energetic. Her teachers always love her. She enjoys going to preschool and making new friends. I wish Tiny Town was all year long. Because it’s a teaching school (located within a high school) it can only be a few months long. I used to say that I couldn’t wait for her to start Kindergarten but with her starting in a year I get a little sad when I think about it. I get sad because in a matter of a year my little big girl will be even more independent than she already is. Am I ready for that??? I have to be!
CONGRATULATIONS TO MY BIG SISTER SHYLA!
No comments:
Post a Comment