Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thanksgiving In Gilroy

This year for Thanksgiving we didn’t go to Visalia. Something I haven’t done in so many years that I can’t even remember when I’ve done something different for this holiday. There was a lot going on in my family this year and it just seemed that people had other plans, so, no group Thanksgiving. I was bummed, I’m not going to lie. I like to take pictures and every year on Thanksgiving I get everyone together for a group shot. Some take the picture willingly and to some it seems an inconvenience, but I don’t care. It’s important to me. I noticed that for several years in a row each picture had one less person in it from the year before since they had passed away. Given my grandmas recent decline in health I thought this year was the best year to make certain we got together. To my dismay, this year it didn’t happen.

IMG_8057

IMG_8048IMG_8065 IMG_8059 IMG_8067 IMG_8071 IMG_8072 IMG_8075 IMG_8081 IMG_8083Our plan B though was still a great one! We packed up the kids and spent the day in Gilroy with Jake’s mom, aunt, uncle, and cousin. They have space on their property which I love! We hung out outside for a while chatting with each other. The kids played in the leaves and ran around. Jake and his uncle shot their bow and arrows. And I, as usual, ran around and took pictures. I still don’t know much about how to take pictures, but I thoroughly enjoy taking them. I’d like it to be a simple task where I can read the manual and learn that way, but I’ve been doing that and I just stay confused. I really need to take a class on digital photography. IMG_8085 IMG_8106 IMG_8110 IMG_8117IMG_20101125_133609IMG_20101125_133516IMG_20101125_204110We ended the night with a mini marshmallow fight! It was fun for the adults and Shyla and Jacob loved it. At first Shyla wasn’t sure what to do. She was like, “We can throw them around the house?” All in all it was a great day and I’m glad we were able to spend time with family.

No comments: