Monday, January 17, 2011

October and November Catchup

WARNING! There are lots of pictures to follow. Because I’m playing catch up, there will only be short commentary to go along.

1. Shyla is cooking scrambled eggs. She loves to help cook. I’m so glad that she enjoys cooking, because I’m learning to become a better cook (for myself and for my family) and I’m happy that I have someone to learn with me along the way.

2. The kids were getting along so I took advantage and took a picture. I realized after I took this shot that both my kids are going to be right-handed. Not a happy thought coming from their mommy who’s from a left –handed family. I’ve passed on other fun traits, just not left-handedness.

3. You’re seeing correctly. 188888. That’s 188 thousand, 888 miles on my little ‘ol Corolla. She’s fast approaching 200k! I think I’ll have a party when she reaches that many miles. It’s definitely a milestone in the automobile world.

4. The Perfect Brownie. A present from Jake. It works GREAT for brownies and cakes. It’s also designed for rice crispy treats and a few other goodies, but I haven’t made any of those with it yet.

5. I think Shyla wants a sister so she can dress her up. For now, she’ll have to deal with having a brother that she can dress up. He doesn’t seem to mind though. She put the skirt on him and he put the high heels on himself. I thought it was cute watching them play dress up together. The fun was short lived though after Jake came home. The front door opened and the kids went running around the corner to greet daddy. About a minute later the kids came running back around the corner, but Jacob wasn’t in dress up anymore. Boo for daddy!DSC00711 DSC00721 DSC00955 DSC00960 DSC00976A couple pictures from our ward Halloween party. If I’m being honest, I think it could’ve been planned better. My kids had a miserable experience and didn’t have much fun. It was planned to be inside because it MIGHT rain. Turns out it didn’t rain, but it was still held inside. There is a Trunk or Treat for the kids too that just doesn’t work when held indoors. My kids got next to NO CANDY and weren’t too thrilled about it. Here are a couple pictures where the kids actually look happy. I left out all the mad and frustrated looking pictures. I know I’m a sourpuss about it, but it really wasn’t planned well in my eyes, and there were plenty of others who felt the same way. DSC01011 DSC00999Our latest big find at a “job”…. a piano! It needs to be tuned and maybe someday resurfaced, but for now it’s great. I’ve always wanted to get better at my piano playing skills since they are very, very, VERY beginner to say the least. Shyla can already play Hot Cross Buns!IMG_7786

HALLOWEEN 2010

IMG_7794

IMG_7805Shyla is always fighting to take naps. I don’t care if she takes a nap or not, but at “naptime” she still has to play quietly in her room for a while for some down time. This day she told me she wasn’t tired. Actually, I believe her words were, “MOM, I’M NOT TIRED AND I’M NOT TAKING A NAP!”DSC01056 See? The kids don’t always fight. IMG_7807I was playing around with Shyla’s hair and it did this cute flippy-do thing. I can’t wait until her hair is longer and thicker and I can do french braids with it. IMG_7809Jake turns 31. Happy birthday babe! Shyla helped by picking out the cake. It’s German Chocolate. She also put the candles on the cake too. She was such a great helper. We bought daddy a matching screwdriver set that he’s been wanting for a while. Now to find time to hang them up in the garage…IMG_7857IMG_7853IMG_7859

The weather lately has been really nice. What would a nice day be without a trip to the park? We stayed for a while and played on the playground and then played soccer for a bit to tire the kids out. I think we parents were more tired, lol!IMG_7954 IMG_7906 IMG_7908 IMG_7923 IMG_7943

Jacob was playing with daddy’s shoes and walking all over the house with them on. Or rather shuffling around the house. I asked him to “smile for the camera”, to which he promptly smiled, bent over, and put his head on the ground. Eventually I was able to get a good shot of him. Stinker!IMG_7894IMG_7861 More great weather. Another day at the park. IMG_7965IMG_7962

No comments: