Last year we went to the same farm in Brentwood. It was cold and SO WINDY that they had to close early. We were able to get our pumpkins and then we were just about the last ones out. This year the weather was great. It was a little on the hot side, but it was perfect weather for being at the pumpkin patch. The kids got to do some fun things. Jake didn't really enjoy it last year, so it was nice this year to see him smile and have a great time. Shyla got to go in a teepee in Indian Village, which is a new addition to the farm. I went into the teepee with Shyla and it was a little dusty inside. There were a ton of kids running around so they helped to stir up the dust. Shyla and I were the only ones in our particular teepee and I heard some boys approaching telling the girls they were with that it was a "boys only" teepee. They came in, looked and me and Shyla and said, "This one is for boys only," I looked at them and said, "We were here first." A few seconds later the other girls came in and we decided to leave. I felt like a little kid says "we were here first", but it's TRUE! There was also had a bee display area with real bees. You could put your ear up to this pipe thingy and hear hundreds of them buzzing around. Shyla got nervous with it, but tried it anyway. She's a brave girl.
This popular farm in Brentwood is having to compete with Del Osso Farms in Lathrop. Del Osso has been becoming more popular the last couple years. Then, last year for the first time they had a Winter Wonderland during the Christmas season. I think the popularity of that will draw more customers during other seasons. I however am happy with Smith Family Farms. It's only $8/person and they have a musical jamboree, corn maze, hayride to the pumpkin patch, you get to pick out a pumpkin, Indian Village, chickens, pigs, cows, and other animals, a couple different displays the kids can play on made out of hay, bee display, pumpkins all over, and great photo ops around the property. Can't get that for $8 in Lathrop!
No comments:
Post a Comment