Saturday, September 25, 2010

Got Lemonade?

We got an overabundance of lemons from a property Jake was working at recently. The lemons were very juicy and therefore gave lots of juice. I don't know for sure how much I squeezed out, but there was definitely over 2 quarts. I got a great and easy recipe for lemonade.
1c. sugar
1c. water (to heat and make simple sugar)
1c. lemon juice
3-4c. water to dilute (I used 4 and it tasted great and wasn't watered down at all)

I heated the water and sugar in the microwave in 1 minute increments. It took about 3-4 minutes until it was all melted together. I poured it in a pitcher, added the lemon juice and extra water and drank up!

I used to just mix cold water, sugar, and lemon juice, but I discovered the key to a really yummy lemon juice is to make the simple sugar to add. That way the sugar doesn't settle at the bottom. It's all blended in. Y-U-M!

No comments: