Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pump It Up & Shakespeare In The Park

It's been a long weekend for the kids for sure. Last night, as seen in previous post, we went to Pixieland in Concord. Today we started the day with a 4th birthday party for my friend Rico's son Dominic at Pump It Up. I've never been there, but I think with the amount of fun Shyla had, we just may have to go again! All the kids weren't just sliding down the slides they were jumping off and FLYING down them! You're supposed to wear socks so at first I didn't go since I was wearing flip flips, but Jake went on for a little bit with Shyla and even took Jacob down a few times. Jacob is smaller than most of the kids and it would be easy for him to be dropped or knocked over, so we only put him on a few times. He spent some time just standing in some of the less crowded areas jumping a little bit. I took him into a big bouncy house that had no one in it. He only liked it if I held him and jumped. Before we knew it there were a bunch of kids bouncing around. So we got out. And then all the kids did. I guess I'm just a kid magnet???

Shyla on the otherhand was nervous at first, but in the end I didn't see too much of her. She went on the different structures over and over again. She climbed the tall slides all by herself. She had a blast coming down!!! She enjoys going fast that's for sure! When it was time for pizza, she didn't want to get off. Eventually, when she realized there was going to be cake, she put her shoes on and had a good time.

In the evening I met up with a couple friends to see Shakespeare in the Park in Pleasanton. It was "Two Gentlemen of Verona". In Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus falls in love with his best friend Valentine's new girlfriend, Silvia, and ends his relationship with the faithful Julia. To win him back, Julia dresses as a boy. With three outrageous outlaws, a misbehaving dog and upbeat 1960s tunes, Kelleher has fashioned a comedic experience, appropriate for all age groups.

Originally, I was planning on taking Shyla, but she had a long day Friday and had had a long day so far on Saturday so I thought it was best for her to stay at home. Good thing too! It got very quiet during the play. There was one baby that was near us that kept crying and I have to admit it did bug me a little bit. I'm sure if I had brought Shyla she would've screamed a few times and interrupted the good time.

All was great with the play except for the people behind us. It was a group of people and one would keep telling the other what was about to happen... just before it happened! Even if I had read the story beforehand, I still don't like to hear things spoiled! Other than that I had a good time and got to spend some time with Tami before she leaves for Korea for a year! I also got to see Risa who I haven't seen since before we got married. She was one of the new member missionary's at the time I got baptized, and she was one of the two people that gave me my new member discussions.

No comments: