Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Bird

On Sunday, we got up and were getting ready for church. We were all in Jacob's room. Jake was going to finish getting Jacob ready and I was going to take Shyla in her room and get her dressed. She and I left the room. Turned the corner. And started down the hallway. We were about halfway to her room when I turned around and screamed like a little girl. There was a bird flapping around in her room. I screamed not so much because of the bird, but it scared me, and that's what made me scream. I ran back (and Shyla did too) into Jacob's room. Jake was wondering what happened and I told him. He says, "An actual bird?" I told him I'd finish up with Jacob because he had to tend to the bird, who was now in the kids bathroom. Jake went in and let the bird out of the window. For days after this, every night Shyla wanted to make sure the bird wasn't in her room. She wanted the windows and doors open so the bird could get out. After about 3-4 days she forgot about it, until now, when she saw the pictures on the computer screen and says, "Hey, that's the birdy that was flying around in my room!"

The only way we are thinking it came in, was that earlier in the morning, I had woken up and decided to open the front door to let some cool air in before it got too hot. Our screen door has a little couple inch gap in the bottom and I'm guessing the bird hopped in underneath it???

No comments: