I'm sure there were tons of fun things I got to do as a child. Some I can remember. Some I cannot. My parents have some pictures saved of me doing fun things as a child. Once in a while I can actually remember doing whatever it was shown in the picture. One thing I remember doing was playing "Find the Cherry". For family night, we would fill up pie tins with whipped cream and put a cherry in it. Then we'd be blindfolded and had to "find the cherry" without using our hands.
I thought it would be a fun experience for the kids to paint in the bathtub with pudding. Easy to make, easy to wash off, and you can eat while you play. Shyla called it "mud". I made the mistake of telling her in the morning what we were going to be doing before bath/bedtime. All day she kept asking me, "When do we get to play with mud momma?" 
Shyla spent a lot of time painting her brother and the walls and occasionally threw a handful at the wall to watch it splatter. Jacob spent most of the time eating the pudding. He's a smart one! I think with the hot summer almost here this could become a weekly activity.


No comments:
Post a Comment