Wednesday-ish- Jacob started to have a stuffy nose and didn't sound like he was feeling very well. Everything pointed to him teething, so we thought that's what it was. Each day after though he just didn't sound any better. And he was waking up at night, which he doesn't typically do.
Saturday night and Sunday night- Jacob woke up during the night a couple times having a hard time breathing. You could hear and feel him deep breathing and making funny sounds. It scared me at first because I didn't know what was wrong. He eventually quieted down and went to sleep.
Monday- Shyla started to sound like she was getting sick and she had a fever of 101.3. Jacob got a fever of 101.7. Nothing too high, but neither one certainly wasn't feeling well.
Tuesday- Jake started to get sick with a slight fever. I'm not surprised with all the coughing going on. What I was surprised about was how I hadn't gotten sick yet. Usually, me or one of the kids gets sick, then the rest of us get sick, and Jake usually doesn't. I emailed the kids doctor and he put Albuterol on file in case we needed it. That evening there was a Relief Society Ice Cream Social that I went to and I noticed that my neck was hurting.
I woke up on Wednesday feeling like I tweaked a muscle. As the day wore on, my shoulder started hurting really bad. Sure enough... pinched nerve! I also could tell that I was starting to not feel well.
Wednesday night- Jacob went to sleep around 6:30pm. He woke up a couple times before we went to bed. He woke up again literally when our heads hit the pillows around 11:00pm. For almost an hour, Jake tried to get him back to sleep. Eventually he took him downstairs. I went down to see if there was anything I could do and we decided I had to go to the pharmary at the hospital and get the Albuterol. I thought it was going to come as an inhalant or nebulizer, but it was in liquid form. Jacob FINALLY went to sleep a little after 1am. We went to sleep around 1:30am. At 4am, I woke up and was practically in tears because my shoulder hurt so bad! I tossed and turned until 4:30. At 5am, Jacob woke up. I went to get him and he stayed awake until 11am or so when he slept for 7 minutes in the Sleepy Wrap I had him in.
Thursday- I went to get him and he stayed awake until 11am or so when he slept for 7 minutes in the Sleepy Wrap I had him in. Here he is just before he took a "nap".
Jacob had a doctors appointment in the afternoon to hopefully get some answers. After the appointment it was determined that the Albuterol can give kids a "caffeine-like" effect thus keeping them *ahem* WIRED! Poor baby was moaning and SO TIRED and whining for sleep. The doctor also said he has bronchiolitis. I believe that's the inflammation of the bronchioles. He said to try "halfing" the dose of medicine. I think that's why my grandma Dottie says "After all, the doctors are just practicing medicine", haha!
Friday- My parents were already planning on coming over here to help me out and give me a chance to get some things done without having to worry about taking care of the kids. I warned them of the sickness in the house, but they still came over. I wasn't going to argue, I could really use the help! They were here for several hours helping me do chores around the house, my dad took the kids on a walk to the park, and even took on the task walking the dogs! On one of his walks he discovered that there is a back entrance about 2 blocks away to a park that I thought was farther than it is. I'm glad because now I can take the kids to a park without having to pack them in the car and drive to it.
Fast forward to the nighttime. I put the kids to bed and about 20 minutes after they were both down Shyla started screaming. I went in there and turns out she threw up all over herself and the bed. I spared you the image by not taking a picture, but I will say... it was in her hair, her neck, pillow, bed, blanket, and jammies. Off to the bath we went. It took about an hour and a half to clean her up, bathe her, and get her bedding changed before I got her back to sleep. Jake was working for Concord PD tonight so he wasn't able to help until he got home, which by then everything was all cleaned up. Good thing I ended up keeping Shyla home all week from preschool. I don't think anyone would want their kids around her! I felt bad though because on Tuesday I got her all dressed to go and then all morning she sounded worse and worse until Jake said she should probably stay home. Then she kept saying all sad, "But I want to go to preschool" and "I'm sad, I want to go." She has ballet class and a birthday party tomorrow, but we're playing those by ear. If she's still coughing a lot we'll probably keep her home.
Hopefully tomorrow I have ballet and a birthday party to write about...
No comments:
Post a Comment