Sunday, January 31, 2010
Candy Themed Party
The theme of the party was C-A-N-D-Y! There was candy on all the tables, in the goodie bags, on the centerpieces, etc. Candy everywhere! Jake and I came up with the idea for the centerpieces to make lolipops. One idea led to another and it turned into paper plate lolipops with a puffypaint covered base and DOTS candy on toothpicks at the bottom. Very cute and actually not very expensive either. 


I have so much fun planning parties! It's super stressful before, during, and after, but it's fun after the fact when you're looking at the pictures. The party started off a little slow. Once the latecomers showed up it picked up the pace. One of my friends was set up to do facepainting. Even I got my face painted! After a while of watching, Shyla took to the table and at one point had a line of several kids waiting for her to paint theirs too!
We played a couple games. I think they were too "old" for this party though. Oh well, you live and you learn. Musical chairs (but when someone's "out" they got a kazoo!) would've gone better had the CD played not stopped working. Jake found some MARIACHI music to play since there wasn't enough power left to run the CD player portion. Good times!
There was a table set up to the side where the kids could either frost a graham cracker and decorate it with candies or on the other side of the table they could make a candy necklace. I tend to overbuy "just in case". I'd rather have too much than not enough. So I made sure the parents also made a candy necklace and decorated a graham cracker. There was certainly enough to go around. 
We sang to the birthday girl. Some people had to leave early and others came late but I didn't know what time the latecomers were coming. We decided to sing early in the party before people had to leave. Had I known so many people were coming late, I'dve left the cake until the end. That's the last time I change the course of the party for people!
After the party, Shyla got to open a few of her gifts. Her friend Hailey played dressup while the rest of us cleaned up (oh yay).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment