Now I've dealt with scrapes, bumps, and bruises, but haven't experienced much bleeding... until now! Because it was a puncture wound when I pulled the nail out the blood sort of poured out. With Shyla laying on the floor of the bathroom I called a friend of ours Laurie and asked her to come over to help out. I started crying because I didn't know what to do and while it wasn't the biggest wound in the world I still felt helpless. My baby was crying and there wasn't much I could do to help her.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Stepped on a Nail
Yesterday, Shyla was playing outside when I hear her screaming. I go over to her and find Bandit licking her face. At first I thought Shy was just mad because the dog was licking her face, but then she was holding her foot. I then thought that she hurt her ankle since I didn't see any blood anywhere. I went to hold her calf so I didn't touch her ankle but then she screamed more. I looked down and saw that when I lifted her leg there was a fenceboard attached!!! Shy had stepped on a nail while running around with the dogs!!! As soon as I realized what happened I picked her up and took her to the bathroom.
Now I've dealt with scrapes, bumps, and bruises, but haven't experienced much bleeding... until now! Because it was a puncture wound when I pulled the nail out the blood sort of poured out. With Shyla laying on the floor of the bathroom I called a friend of ours Laurie and asked her to come over to help out. I started crying because I didn't know what to do and while it wasn't the biggest wound in the world I still felt helpless. My baby was crying and there wasn't much I could do to help her.
We cleaned it up and I got an appointment scheduled for that afternoon. Jake was working and had my car and I couldn't drive his truck since it has the work trailer attached, so I was "carless" with a sleeping baby and a wounded child that needed to go to the doctors. Laurie was so kind to help me take the baby and Shyla to the doctor appointment. She was so brave at her appointment and even got a cool snowman sticker that had little pieces you got to put together to form the snowman! After some cleaning, bandages, and antibiotics, Shyla was home resting in our bed, feet on pillow, watching her favorite shows with a side of grapes. She limped around for about a day but was running around by the next.
Now I've dealt with scrapes, bumps, and bruises, but haven't experienced much bleeding... until now! Because it was a puncture wound when I pulled the nail out the blood sort of poured out. With Shyla laying on the floor of the bathroom I called a friend of ours Laurie and asked her to come over to help out. I started crying because I didn't know what to do and while it wasn't the biggest wound in the world I still felt helpless. My baby was crying and there wasn't much I could do to help her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's scary! You can always call me if you need help!
Oh scary! I'm glad she's at home resting. And I must admit, when your dog ran out of the house, (when Andrew was like 10 months) I ran out of that house so fast without even a second thought. I mean Andrew couldn't even walk yet. I just put up the baby gate and ran out.
Post a Comment