Jacob has recently started eating solid food. I'm sorry but the price you have to pay even at Walmart for a jar of baby food can be 60-ish cents up to about 80 or 90 cents PER JAR! And sometimes it's even more than that! I'm sure I'll buy some pre-made food, but I really enjoyed making baby food for Shyla when she was a baby and was looking forward to doing it again. Some of the foods are canned and I look for "no salt" or "in juice" in stead of "heavy syrup. Other foods are steamed or fresh with nothing else done to them except a rise-off.
I was at a Home Show about 7 or so years ago and I spent wayyy too much on a blender, BUT it's been a FABULOUS blender! It cost about $400 dollars but man, oh man, is it a good blender.
At the time I was making food for Shyla I had bought a bunch of pre-made baby food so I could have jars to put the food in. Then I found that making the food and freezing it in ice cube trays and putting it in a bag worked better. This time around though I first was putting the food in jars until it dawned on me it's better to put it in bags so when it freezes it's flat and can stack better (and take up less room) in the freezer. I'm doing the same thing with my breastmilk. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.




So far I've made: bananas, pears, peaches, carrots, and green beans. There are so many other foods I want to make but I'm trying to only make a couple choices and as Jacob eats them then make more. That way there is some room in the freezer for our food too!
No comments:
Post a Comment