Sunday, August 2, 2009

Leg Problem

For almost the last 2 weeks I've been having this pain in my calf that won't go away. At first I thought I got a cramp in my leg that I didn't know about. (I got leg cramps while I was pregnant and after the cramp went away, the area where it happened hurt for a few days). After about a week I started to think there was something else wrong, but didn't know what it could be.

I shouldn't be allowed to "browse" the internet. I'm convinced I have some sort of blood clot in my leg. The one I read about is called Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. There are several things that can cause it. One of the causes is if you are pregnant or just had a baby. "Just had a baby"... that's me! The only symptom really that I have is the pain... it feels similar to it being bruised, only there's no discoloration like a bruise.

The last couple days the pain has been getting a little worse and it's worse at the end of the day than it is when I wake up. It hurts to touch it. It hurts when I cross my legs for any longer than a couple short minutes. It hurts during the night if I lay on my right side to sleep (it's my right calf that hurts).

Jake finally convinced me that I should call and make a doctors appointment. I have to call after 6:30am tomorrow morning to get a same day appointment. Since I'm usually up already by this time it shouldn't be a problem.

Please keep me in your prayers that this is nothing more than a bad leg cramp or something. I'm really not ready for anything else to happen right now.

2 comments:

Kings said...

sad, for sure I will...make sure you update when you get back. Good luck!

Chrissy said...

We will pray for you! Don't stress too bad, that will only make it worse. Keep us posted.