Today was a good day... I made banana bread and Jacob had another weight check appointment/2 month checkup.
Banana Bread:
I'm really loving making this stuff. I made it one night because I thought it would be fun and it turned into me buying extra bananas with the intention of letting them go to "banana bread" status. We've eaten a couple already, I've given a couple to my parents, and a couple more to other friends, PLUS we still have about 3 in the freezer. I know what I'm making everyone for Christmas!!!
Banana Bread:
I'm really loving making this stuff. I made it one night because I thought it would be fun and it turned into me buying extra bananas with the intention of letting them go to "banana bread" status. We've eaten a couple already, I've given a couple to my parents, and a couple more to other friends, PLUS we still have about 3 in the freezer. I know what I'm making everyone for Christmas!!!
Weight Check:
Today was just supposed to be a (yet another) weight check for the little guy, but the doctor said babies can get their first round of shots at 6 weeks so we may as well make it a "2 month well check" appointment. Jacob is 7 weeks now so that is what we did.
This seemingly normal appointment turned into a LONG several hours at the doctors. We first had an appointment with the pediatrician. His current stats are:
Weight: 7lb, 15oz (bringing up the rear in the 1.98%)
Height: 1', 9.5" (a staggering 15%)
After this appointment, the doctor didn't like that his weight was still low so he made an appointment with the lactation nurse. But first I was to go get Jacob's shots. We sat and WAITED too LONG for the nurse to come out! They weren't even busy, but whatever! The nurse that normally gives Shyla her shots (the one I REALLY like) wasn't there and this nurse was SLOW to say it mildly. After shots we went back to Pediatrics to see the lactation nurse. After meeting with her it was decided that I'm just supposed to "keep trying what I've been trying". I'm really getting tired out of trying different things and probably won't be nursing for much longer. I know what the problem is, however, if the baby doesn't want to nurse I'm not going to force him to do it.
Now that that appointment is over, the doctor wanted to be sure that Jacob didn't have diabetes or anemia from having low weight so off to the lab me and Mr. Crankypants go. Of course he's hungry by this time and I can't nurse him in the lab so we just sat and waited. FINALLY they called him in. I stood there WAITING and they kept calling his name. I'm like "he's right here." And they go "oh, the baby?" as they look at the blood work slip. HELLO??? Why don't you look at it first?!
Anyway, apparantly, they needed 2 lab techs, one for the shot and one to hold him down. So we WAITIED for one to be available. AGAIN, it's not busy so I'm not sure why it's taking so long. Into the room for the blood work. They took 4 vials of blood from the poor guy! He screamed and I actually welled up. A shot of meds is one thing but to keep the needle in... I've been there... I KNOW it hurts. But he took it like a trooper and it was over quickly.
After just over 3 hours of being there we were on our way home!
3 comments:
Ugh..that is hard to have to go through all of those long appointments, especially when you have a hungry baby!
oh my gosh, what a day. poor little guy. i was reading in one of the parenting magazines that there is this cream or something that you can put on your skin before you get a shot or blood drawn and it's suppose to have a numbing affect. not like you'll lose all feeling in your arm, but make it so the pinch isn't felt as much. i read that some doctors actually have it in their office but you have to arrive at least an hour before to have it put on, but then i read some drug stores carry it. i don't know, maybe something to look into....i might just do it for myself. i wish i liked banana bread, yours looks amazing. must have been a bread making kind of night, i made some bread as well!
Poor baby!!! Oh man I don't know how I will handle those moments...I'll probably cry more than the baby!
Post a Comment