After the show, we stopped at this place called Candy Heaven. They had barrels full of all types of candy. You could go in and eat whatever samples you wanted from the salt water taffy selection! We tried a bunch and then bought some. $3.79/ 1/2 lb is the going rate. It didn't get us very much taffy :( We were surprised at how many candy (and tattoo) shops there were in the area.
Saturday, we woke up and had breakfast at Denny's since it was right by our hotel. I got the Grand Slam breakfast. Normally I can't eat everything, I just think I can. I guess I was REALLY hungary because I ate every last thing on my plate, plus water and some of Jake's oj. I didn't have an apetite really when I was pregnant with Shyla, and this time around my apetite isn't really any more than it was when I wasn't pregnant, but on Saturday I could sure put some food away!
After breakfast we headed over to Capitol Park to see the Capitol. I was a little bummed to see so many dead flowers for such a pretty place. The fountain wasn't on either. I was able to find a few flowers that looked decent though.
Senate Gallery
Old Town Sac.
The picture above is of the Delta King Hotel. After a long day walking around Sac my feet, hips, and basically whole body were hurting and needed a nap! We went back to the hotel for a break and then came back to this boat later in the evening. We came to see a murder mystery dinner show called Suspects. Another one of my many surprises this weekend. The dinner took place on the level below the water.
It was a full room. There was lots of audience participation. It was a little confusing by the end. I thought I had all the questions right, but apparantly someone got one more little detail that I didn't get (whatever, I'm not bitter) and they won. The host for the night was "Rowbear Bagette. He was on the TV show 24. I thought he was just hilarious, especially the facial expressions he would make.
Jake at one point was named as a suspect. It was a lot of fun and I got to take a picture with the cast.
The icing on the trip for me was that on Sunday morning before we left we had a continental breakfast. Normally, the continental breakfasts I've seen don't consist of much, maybe muffins, pancakes if you're lucky, some fruit, cereal, etc. This breakfast had: waffles (not the premade kind), hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, grapefruit, toast, bananas, cinnamon rolls, yoghurt, and drinks! That's my kind of continental breakfast!
The weekend was much needed for Jake and I, and I'm glad we were able to finally find the time to go. I can't say we'll be doing it often, but I do hope we can do it again soon.
4 comments:
It's nice you could do that before the baby comes. I'm impressed that he did such great research in to what you could do in Sacramento!
My word verification for this comment is "poople". Is that like Weeble poop? ;)
That sounds like a lot of fun! I am glad you two got away and put the stresses behind you!
looks like lots of fun! i'm glad you could get away, i was laughing reading your list of "things that weren't around" and that you could relax from them. and i thought, huh, i have to deal with all of those in like 30 seconds. yuck. i need a vacay.
Love these kind of weekends!! You can't do them enough!!
Post a Comment