A few weeks back I was grocery shopping and I saw some premade pizza dough. It was in the area where you buy rolls in a pop open container and roll them out. They had it in pizza dough form. I thought it would be fun for FHE that night to make pizza for dinner! I bought some pineapple, olives, cheese, and pepperoni and home I went to make a yummy dinner. In the end Shyla decided she didn't want to eat any pizza, but she was still a good helper.
Ready to go into the oven. Say cheese!
So the doorbell rings, and this boy is selling overpriced items for his school. I'm always one to help out with fundraising for kids since I did it a lot when I was younger. The only item that looked worth me spending too much money was this cookie dough that you use like playdough and then bake when you're done. I now know, it's just sugar cookie dough with food coloring. I wish I knew that before I spent $14 on it.
In any event, it was a messy evening that ended with cookie dough all over the kitchen floor. At first it made me feel uneasy since I'm always trying to "clean as I go", but this night I tried really hard to let that part of me go and just let Shyla make a mess. She had lots of fun so it was totally worth it.
Being the photographer I'm often not in the photos. I made myself be in this one. See me?

The finished product before going into the oven. They spread out a little while cooking so the cooked product didn't look so pretty. They tasted good though!

2 comments:
oh my gosh, that cookie dough does look like play dough. hope they tasted good
Fun times! we love making homemade pizza on French bread or Trader Joe's dough. Pretty wild cookie dough. way to be a nice neighbor
Post a Comment