Yesterday marks 30 weeks into my pregnancy. I'm showing more and more but still not enough for everyone around to know I am pregnant. I had a lady at church who actually asked my husband if I had lost the baby because I didn't look pregnant anymore. I was a little bugged about it since if I had lost the baby I don't feel that's something someone should just ask without being told.


I had a checkup last week and the doctor says, "You certainly don't look like you're carrying an almost 30 week baby". I'm taking all those type of comments as compliments. I know no one is trying to be mean, but sometimes it's hard to hear those things. I'm happy I'm pregnant and I want people to see the baby get bigger each month, but it's discouraging at times to hear how I barely show or that someone didn't even know I was pregnant to begin with.
About 1 week ago I guess the baby had a growth spurt because I noticed it's been extra hard to breathe and I have a hard time putting on my socks. When I eat anything substantial in one sitting it's even harder to breathe. It's hard to sit up... I always want to be laying back reclining. I noticed this with Shyla but I don't remember it being this hard. It's another indicator to me that it feels like I'm carrying Baby #2 a little higher than I did with Shyla.


Braxton Hicks contractions continue to make me a little uncomfortable. I had them with Shyla but I read up on how with subsequent pregnancies it's normal to feel them more often and/or stronger. Unless it's dramatic I may have a hard time detecting early labor. Sometimes the contractions hit and I have to sit down because they are so uncomfortable. Not necessarily painful, but definitely more uncomfortable than I would like.

We still have a June 17th due date. Either my next appointment or maybe it's the one after that, I believe there is an ultrasound done to check the positioning of the baby. It's hard for me to know what body part is kicking my hip bone or ribs so I'm really excited for this appointment so I can finally know which part(s) it is. A knee? A foot? A butt?
3 comments:
I carried my first baby like you are carrying this one. I was like 7 months before I even had a little bump.
I can't believe someone would ask if you had lost the baby. And frankly, when I saw you last time at church, I was thinking how you looked REALLY pregnant! :)
i think that u look great dont worry alot of people say the same thing to me about both kids
How HORRIBLE to barely be showing!!! I would much rather be BARELY showing than, look like I'm 9 months pregnant at 4 and 5 months. And than have everyone ask you "are you sure your not having twins?" Man, I have a feeling I will NEVER know what it feels like to barely show. I would enjoy it!
Post a Comment