Monday, March 23, 2009

Crosses of Lafayette & LG Update

Last Friday, the plan was to help Jake do some work at a couple properties, stop by the police station so he could pick up some items he was going to need for a Use of Force Training Day the next day, head over to the Crosses of Lafayette memorial, then head home for lunch and naps. One thing lead to another as it tends to do and we spent the morning until lunch working at the jobs. Then we went to the department. Then lunch, where Jake played in the PlayPlace with Shyla. It said on the "rules" that parents can play too, and this is definitely something Jake couldn't pass up!
About 3pm we made it to the memorial for some pictures. I feel that whether or not you agree with the war, this memorial is a good one to have because it's a way to remember the lives that have been lost. I know there is some controversy surrounding the memorial, but I feel that the lives lost should be honored because they gave their life for ME. Without them, I would not have the freedom I do to do the things I do... worship where I may, have a family, be an equal in the workforce, have an education, own a home and have dogs. There are so many sides to our freedom that can be taken away if we didn't have strong men and women to fight for our rights and fight for our country.
Each symbol that is on a cross is for the religion of someone who died. There is an Islamic crescent to represent Muslim soldiers, a Star of David for Jewish soldiers, a psychedelic multicolored cross I'm guessing for homosexual soldiers, and a Dharmacakra, or "Wheel of Dharma," representing Buddhism.
Views to the right and left from the top. There are some stairs (but be careful, they aren't the most sturdy) in the middle that you can walk up from the street. It's a different feeling from the top. You can see really well how many crosses there are.
I couldn't belive how blue the sky was. So pretty.
We spent a long impromptu day "out and about", but we got a lot of things done during that time. Shyla slept, well she passed out, for the trip home. We all had a great time together and the weather was beautiful too. I believe it was in the low to mid 70's? At least that's how it felt.

LG UPDATE if interested:
3/23/09- Jake called Jess the repairman for our fridge tonight at 8:30pm since we hadn't heard from him. He tells us he has both parts that he needs to fix our fridge BUT he has to talk to LG again because he's saying they won't pay for the replacement for the filter that broke since it's not under warranty. I'm sorry, but if a part breaks that is under warranty, and it causes the fridge to freeze, and THEY are making me wait, and wait, and try this part, and that part, and in the meantime that very problem causes another part to break... THEY ARE PAYING FOR IT.

We still have the whole unit unplugged and even if the guy fixes the part that's "under warranty" because of the filter being broken, when we turn it back on it will still "pee" water every few minutes until it's fixed.

He's supposed to call LG tomorrow so we're calling him in the morning and if he says they still say no... I'm sorry but I think I may have to complain and possibly sue. I paid $2,499 plus tax for this unit that doesn't work. I'm all out of options. So far, LG won't reimburse, replace, or repair our unit. Well, they'll only repair 1 of the 2 broken parts. Sorry LG... I don't think so.

1 comment:

Pili girl~ said...

I love your blog about the crosses. It's breath-taking from your pictures. I'm sure it was a sight in person. Thanks for posting these! =)