Friday, February 27, 2009

Time To Weed

Lately, I have been trying to get the yard, both front and back, in more of a working order than they are. I've started with mowing the front yard, pulling some weeds, picking up doggie poops, and sweeping. I sort of neglect the backyard though because there is just so much to do. WELL... I can only ignore it for so long before something needs to be done. Yesterday afternoon and into the evening, Jake and I "attacked" the backyard. Of course it still has a LONG way to go and I can't wait to sift bad dirt out and get fresh, clean dirt and plant some yummy veggies. Last year we moved just at the end of Spring and beginning of summer, so while I was able to plant tomato plants, (only 1 bore fruit, but it gave fruit for many months longer than I thought it would!) everything else I planted... perished.

Here are some "before" shots of the weeds. When weeds are this tall, I think it's a good idea to go out there and "get 'em". There were some taller ones, probably about 4 feet tall, but Jake had already taken them out before I started taking pictures.


Here are some "during" shots. I'll post some after shots when we get the yard looking prettier.

We worked until about 6:45pm, however, due to darkness, and much to our dismay, we had to stop. My parents are coming over tomorrow though and they are "experts" on pulling weeds. I expect there will be a lot more progress after tomorrow (assuming it doesn't rain on us).

3 comments:

Delirious said...

Hey! When did you get pictures of my back yard!!? ;)

Heather said...

hmm we are in the SAME boat. while our front yard is bad, it's the backyard that looks like a jungle. poor bella gets swallowed up int he weeds and you can't even see her sometimes. i know there are weeds out there that are almost as tall as me. i think a saturday yard work day is in order.

Fenima said...

Wow, you got a lot done. That must feel so good. BTW, I'm not gardening this year due to the baby and I just can't be bother squatting and bending.