Thursday, October 23, 2008

Zoo Day

Jake had a day off work (FINALLY) so we took a trip to the Oakland Zoo with my parents. This was Shyla's first time at the zoo. She has some books that talk about different animals and it was neat to see that she was making correlations from the book to real life animals. She took special interest in the elephants. Their elephants are in the 30's and weigh in the 9000 lb range!

Meerkats. I've seen the show Meerkat Manor on the Discovery Channel before and the meerkats look bigger on TV. I didn't realize they were so small.

A bear eating watermelon. Yummy!

There were just so many good pictures to take.

It was a long fun day at the zoo and I hope we can go back again soon! If anyone wants to come along next time, just let us know and Shyla will give you a call :)

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Love those days off! I can't remember the last time I went to the zoo. If you go again next year, count me in! :)

Dawnette and Mark Coltrin said...

The zebra pictures was my favorite. Going to the zoo is my favorite. Mark and I would just randomly go... too bad it's starting to get cold

Unknown said...

This zoo brings back lots of fun memories! =)