Yes, the rumors are true! We are adding another branch to our family tree. We are going to become a family of 4.

I had taken the "test" in the morning and it came out positive, but not definitely positive. I know that one line shows lighter but in my case they were both light and I had to take the test again to make sure I was really pregnant. So I went to the store and took the test again. It confirmed it... I was pregnant! Now for the real test... How to help Shyla tell her daddy the good news? Shyla told me that she really wanted to be a part of telling daddy about her new sister.

Shyla first came in the room with me and we wrapped daddy's gift. Then we went to give him the good news. First, Shyla handed daddy a note she wrote that said "Mommy says that you are going to need this".



Then she gave him a box. As she ran up to give it to him, she opened it. I told her to close it and to give it to daddy. When he opened it, there was a homemade card that said Halloween 2009 on the front and "You're invited to come trick or treating with me!" on the inside. Under the card was an infants bee costume. Jake said it looked big enough for Shyla so at first he thought it was just my way of saying that I wanted a different costume for Shyla. I pointed for him to look in the bottom of the box, and there was the test. THEN it all made sense! 

Below is the video version of how it all went down. It takes about 30 seconds for Shyla to stop being crazy and get in the room.
7 comments:
Congratulations you guys! I'm so happy for your little family!!!!
Awesome news! This is so exciting!! Congrats!
PS I love Shyla's walls in her bedroom! Well done!
Yeah, congratulations!!!!!!! miss you guys at Kat's birthday today.
That is so exciting. The best part was watching Shyla give her dad the note. I crack up every time!
AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm waaaay excited for the two of you! Congratulations! Oh, I really miss all of you! I wish I lived closer so I could visit more often. Congratulations again! Much much much much love!
So exciting!!! Congrats you guys :)
Congratulation!!!
Post a Comment