This time around we've left Shyla up there for a few weeks. His parents will be coming down to visit us at the end of the month and they will bring Shyla back then. At first for some reason I thought it was only going to be 2 1/2 weeks and I thought it wasn't going to be too bad, but then I realized that it's really 3 1/2 weeks! It's been about 5 days since we've seen her and I totally miss her. I know she's having a BLAST up there so I'm not overly worried. She's getting to play with her cousin Malachi, he's 1 year older than her. The other thing I like is that each year we go up there, Malachi is the age Shyla will be the next time we are there. It's like a mini glimpse into her future.
When we first started going to Oregon we used to sleep in the house. Then we got a tent one year so now when we go we set up our tent and sleep in there. Last year Shyla slept in the tent with us but since the new office is done being built she sleeps in there, undisturbed when we get ready to go to sleep. Our "bedroom".
During the weekend we learned that Jake's grandma, grandpa, and aunt were going to be coming up for a few days as well. We only got to see them twice but it was still a fun surprise. They live in San Jose and we joked about how we all have to drive to Oregon just to see each other! We went out to eat at a Chinese buffet place called Tin Tin. It was yum yum!
Here is Shyla looking at the Koi fish in the pond before sitting down to eat.
Malachi eating octapus, blech!
Shyla enjoying her first ice cream cone. She's had ice cream before but not in a cone. The cones makes all the difference!
The kids being goofy after dinner.
Our trip wouldn't be complete without seeing a deer. On our way back home, we had just left the house and hadn't even made it to the main road when a momma deer crosses our path. Baby was just behind her.
Every year we take a picture of what level the water is at Shasta Lake. This year is the lowest we've seen it. Areas that are normally covered in water had trucks and boats parked on it.
Goodbye Oregon, Hello CALIFORNIA!
2 comments:
Christina, good to hear from you. Yep, I am joining the ranks and becoming a parent... only a few more weeks to go! I hadn't even heard that you had a baby, and Shyla is already so big (and very cute). My email is jon.pettersen@gmail.com, drop me a line sometime.
how fun...i love that you guys are taking ASL as well. I'm so fascinated by it, i really hope i can pick it up! I heard your big day was the 26th (i believe)!! Congrats! Nothing is better than having them FOREVER :)
Post a Comment