Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday Turmoil

I am SO excited that we are leaving tomorrow for our annual Labor Day trip to Oregon. We've go every year to visit with Jake's parents. Shyla will have her cousin Malachi to play with so I know she will be very excited. We will be leaving Shyla for a few weeks for the first time! She's going to be in good hands with Gramma and Grampa so we know it will be OK. They will bring her back to CA in a couple weeks. It's going to be really weird but at the same time we REALLY need the break. When Shyla is gone just overnight I'm always looking around for her even though I know she's not there. I don't know what I'll be like after 3 weeks!

We used to leave on a Friday and come back on a Monday, but we learned the hard way that traffic at Mt Shasta = no fun coming home from Labor Day weekend. About 2 years ago we decided that leaving on Thursday and coming home Sunday was a MUCH better option, so that is what we'll continue to do. The less traffic we have to deal with the better. I think it was 3 years ago, our trip home SHOULD'VE only taken 7 hours, but it took almost 10! Yeah, not fun.

Our week thus far has been crazy as usual. We have to take our work with us this year, but it's to be expected when you own your own company. We bought a laptop a little while ago and have all our papers in order so we are READY TO HIT THE ROAD!

Probably the next time I post will be to talk about our trip and how much I miss Shyla!

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend everyone!

1 comment:

TimLoraKat said...

Tim said he would go crazy after a week and drive back up to get her. I am sure the break will be appreciated and is much needed with the business and all!