Monday, August 4, 2008

What A Monday & Shyla's Sick

So today started off as any other day. Jake left for work and I got to stay home with Shyla. We played all morning, read books, danced around, watched Shrek, and ate a little bit. I put Shyla down for a nap after lunch. A little bit later Jake came home. When Shyla woke up we all went out and ran some errands. That's when the day fell apart.

On our way to the store we get a call from one of our subcontractors... he's been in a car accident and doesn't know for sure when he'll be able to work this week. Normally this wouldn't be so bad, but this week is a VERY busy one for us. Then, while we're in the store, Shyla starts to become very loud and crabby. Most of the two hour trip in the store Jake and I were carrying her around with her head on our shoulders. For anyone who knows Shyla... this is SO unlike her. We thought maybe she wasn't feeling well because yesterday she woke up around 8am and by 9:30am at church she was ready for a nap!

On our way home...drumroll please... she barfed all over herself and her carseat just about 2 blocks from our house. This made for an interesting evening. We cleaned her up when we got home and she ate a nectarine and some avacado and laid with Daddy on the couch. She felt super hot so we gave her a wet rag to hold on to. After a little bit we gave her her binky and within about 2 minutes she was practically asleep. She had a slight fever of 101.4, so we gave her some medicine and to bed she went. I'm crossing my fingers she doesn't wake up sick during the night.

You'd think this is where our night would get better, but it doesn't. After she went to sleep I started to make dinner and realized that the oven wasn't preheating, I had turned it on but for some reason it shut off. I tried to preheat the oven again, but with no luck. Turns out, the broiler element is missing so our oven doesn't work and we have to get a new one! It looks as though it's been cut off... fabulous!

It's 10:30pm, I'm tired and have 4 more days left this week, GOOD NIGHT!

No comments: