Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I got this idea from Evonne's blog. I think it's a great idea because we really do need to make sure that we are thankful for what we have. I don't know if I'll remember to do it every week, but I hope to do it more often than I have been... which really hasn't been very much.

I am thankful for our "dirty" job. To date we have added to our household the following:


money coins, food, hangers, lightbulbs, plastic toy bins, computer desk, adult clothes, baby/child clothes, bamboo tissue holder, plastic bags and foil and saran wrap for the kitchen, 2 large BOXES of cleaning supplies (sponges, gloves, trash bags etc.), pens/pencils, crayons, construction paper, office supplies, paper, trash baskets, LOTS o' books, DVD's, entertainment center, plastic organization bins, games, dishes, platters and bowls, cups/glasses, paper towels, toilet paper, crock pot, beanbag chair, purses, pots/pans, bug killer, lotion, curtains, curtain rods, rugs, blankets, picture frames, puzzles, pull-up exercise machine, ab lounger, tools (drill gun, screwdriver, level, wheel barrow etc.), dogloo, wood shelving unit, twin bed frame (now in our guest rom), fireplace gate, pool chemicals/pool sweep, and a vaccum.

This is only the items we've kept for ourselves (though I'm sure we missed a few things). There are LOTS of other items that we've given away, sold, or donated (I can't even begin to count the amount we've donated... bags and bags and boxes of stuff).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't you love free stuff! =) I'm excited that you are adopting the Thankful Thursday. It does make you think of the little things in life that make us all happier!