SO... I don't even know where to begin with this story. This will be the "short" version of what's gone on because the long version would take WAY too long! Jake and I have been wanting to move since last fall. We looked at houses/prices and thought we'd be moving by the end of December. Well we decided to wait a few more months. Starting around the end of March/beginning of April we began actively looking for a new house.
I guess sunshine makes people look for houses too because EVERY house we were looking at seemed to have multiple offers. The funny thing is that we had seen the same houses sit on the market for MONTHS and some even close to a year, but as soon as we go to look... so does everyone else.
Over the last over 2 months, we went to open houses, searched the MLS, websites, talked to people, did everything we could do to find the house that suited all of our needs. FINALLY, we found a house that fit all our criteria except the backyard looked a little small for what we wanted. We went to check it out anyway and were pleasantly surprised... the backyard wasn't as small as it looked in the pictures, it had a dishwasher, garage, AND it had a big dog run! PERFECT!
The best part (one of them), we have a pool too! It has to be cleaned out and refilled, but since that's part of what we do everyday it's not a big deal. I should've taken a picture of the neighbors pool so you can see how nice it will look once it's filled.
We are scheduled to close escrow at the end of the this month, but with any luck we can close sooner than that and move outta the place we're in now. We have to move our office too and I know that will be a pain in itself, so I want to get started moving as soon as possible.
The front yard, kitchen, and downstairs bathroom.
The infamous red upstairs bathroom, purple hallways, and view of the livingroom from the top of the stairs. We're going to need more baby gates than we have right now.


Master bedroom/bathroom, and the familyroom (come on people, purple?!) 

Dog run (if you look closely) me and Shyla are wayyyyy at the other end, pool, and connected spa.


2 comments:
It looks really nice! That is great. I hope everything works out well and this one is not such a money pit.
That is awesome! I'm excited for you guys! I love all the color on the walls!! You wouldn't want to come and see my green, purple, red, and yellow walls! =)
Post a Comment