Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Shyla At 16 1/2 Months

Shyla hit 16 months and is all too fast becoming a little girl. She started to become a little girl around 9 months when she started walking, then it became more prevalent at 11/12 months, but it's really begun to show at 16 months. Here are some of the many things she can do:

Sign the following words: daddy, milk, more, cookie, cracker, hi/bye, please, thank you, "love" and "you" when she goes to sleep, and she doesn't sign the actual sign for "no" but she will shake her head "no".

Say the following words: dada, mama, cracker (but it actually sounds like cua-cua), and duck. She doesn't have too many actual words in her vocabulary, but this girl talks, and talks, and talks loudly at that.

Not sure what the doctors scale would say she weighs, but on our scale she weighs 21 pounds and she has 16 teeth (8 on top, 8 on bottom)!

She can point to her head and nose when asked.

She will go find her phone, book, shoe, or doll when asked. She will also rock her baby when you sing "Rock-a-bye Baby".

She climbs all over everything. This is her main activity on any given day. Her newest discovery is our office chair. She will climb on it when we aren't in the room and will go on the desk and take down our pencils, pens, phone, calculator, you name it, she takes it. She knows she's not supposed to have it too, because as soon as she sees that you've seen her she takes off running (and laughing) with the "stolen" item.


Songs.
Shyla loves to hear you sing to her. She will play along with Pat-a-cake, Head & Shoulders, Ring-around-the-rosy, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Row Row, and a few others.

Loves to dance both in and out of the shower. Any time this girl hears music, she dances. I don't know what happened to my phone, but I didn't have a camera handy so I used my phone to record Shyla dancing. When I went to send the video to my email, it wouldn't work. Electronics don't come with explanations so I don't know what the gitch is. I ended up recording the video from my phone onto the camera, and this is the result:

She eats, and eats, and eats! She loves pretty much everything, but she's been known to enjoy a whole can of green beans, olives (green and black), tomatoes, cucumbers, anything pasta including pizza, cereal, pickles, and the list goes on...

Attitude!
I didn't know such a small, cute child could pack so much attitude. I was such an angel (wink wink) when I was a child so I don't know where she gets it from?! She will complain if she can't do something, and complain when you try to help her, but will get mad at you if you don't help her.

Tantrums!
Another favorite past time. She throws tantrums any time she hears the word "no", even if you say it quietly, she still hates to hear that word.

In the pictures above, Jake has now banned me from giving Shyla any choclate chip cookies unless I am the one to clean her up. She was messier than she looks in the pictures, but I still don't see what the problem is :)

No comments: