Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Man killed in officer-involved shooting in Pittsburg

After I put Shyla down for a nap I started to hear a bunch of sirens. I ran to the table by the front door to turn on our police scanner and it wasn't there. So I went to check the other places it usually is and I couldn't find it (It ended up being with Jake in his truck). An hour later I read this:

Witnesses: Man killed in officer-involved shooting in Pittsburg
By: Simon Read
East County Times
Article Launched: 06/03/2008 03:00:54 PM PDT

Police shot and killed a man in Pittsburg this afternoon following a high-speed car chase, according to witnesses.

The shooting occurred about 1:45 p.m. at the intersection of Crestview Drive and East Leland Way. Residents in the neighborhood said the suspect circled the block and rammed a parked car before officers cornered his vehicle in the intersection. Residents reported hearing five shots fired in quick succession.

Antioch and Pittsburg police units were on the scene conducting an investigation but had no immediate comment on the details of the incident. Police closed the intersection and diverted traffic. An object draped in a white sheet was visible from a distance.

This story will be updated as details emerge.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Scary stuff! I live in the middle of now where now, but this use to happen by our house all the time. I'm happy to report not hearing sirens since September!

Christina said...

That's crazy, I don't know what it would be like to not hear sirens for months (someday). We hear them usually a couple times a day.

Unknown said...

You need to come and buy the house that is for sale next to us. You guys would love it, and we would love to have you be our neighbors. Ever thought of it?