Monday, May 19, 2008

Goodbye Vegas, Hello Antioch

Not too much to add on this day of the trip except that it is time to come home. It's been fun being with friends and not having everyday "responsibilities", but the fun has come to an end and we must go home.

Just taking off from LAS (Las Vegas Airport).

The Strip from the air.

We are just about leveled off as high as we're going to go. As much as I hate to be in the air, it is a really pretty view. It's interesting to see clouds from the top. Not always, but they are usually more 3-D and fluffy looking from the top than they do from the bottom.

Getting ready to land at OAK (Oakland Airport).

Fueling the plane next to us. Now I know why fueling a plane is so expensive... when we were pulling into our gate we saw this guy fueling the plane. He kept jumping out of the way because there was so much gasoline leaking from where it was pumping into. Doesn't he know that leaking gas is costing us paying customers money?

As much "fun" as the flight was, I was SO glad to be home and on the ground. Hating flying won't keep me from going places, it'll just make me scatterbrained during the take off... flight... and landing. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How did I miss all these posts about Vegas!?! Looks like you had a ton of fun! We were just discussing going to Vegas...maybe it's a sign.