Tuesday, April 29, 2008

David vs Brooke

I'm a huge American Idol fan! David Cook has I believe risen to the top. He's unique, each week he gets better and better, yes, he'll probably be compared a little to Chris Daughtry from previous years, but David has a little bit of a different twist than Chris. David assists in the arrangement of his music too and definitely has an ear for music... an ability that all American Idols should possess.

In the beginning I was all gung ho for Brooke White. I thought she was very original, had the "look", and sounded unique. Lately though, it seems like her performances just aren't up to par. She's made some bad song choices and she looks as thought she's nervous and insecure onstage. Her soft side and the way she's always so sincere and apologetic is contagious however, and may be partly why she's still around.

Who knows who will get voted off tomorrow, but I think that David Archuletta also should be on the chopping block. Yes, he has a large, young fanbase. Yes, for his age he has an awesome voice. And yes, he's got a good look. That being said, to me, he just doesn't seem to be getting any better. Each week his performances are simply a good job, but there's no originality or personality. To be the American Idol you have to not only be a good vocalist but also progress each week, and I just don't see that with David A.

I think for the finale it would be awesome to see Syesha and David C. Syesha has flown under the radar and the last couple weeks has really been coming into her own and having a lot of fun!

Only a couple more weeks to the finale!

No comments: