While visiting my family in Visalia for Thanksgiving, we decided to take a trip to the Sequoia National Forest. There's more to see in King's Canyon, but we could only visit 1 park in the time we were there. The kids had a great time running around and learning about the, "ginormous" as Shyla puts it, trees. The park has some of the largest trees in the world. We decided not to go to Moro Rock since having the little ones with us probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. Last time we climbed Moro Rock was with my dad and it was super foggy that day so while the hike up was nice, there wasn't much of a view to show how high we were. It was Jake's first time so I'm hoping we can go another time when the weather is better so he can see more. Maybe in a year or 2 when the kids are better able to make the trek up without me worrying they are going to fall off.
 |
| Jake took each of the kids up to the top of this rock. It was further up that it looks though there was plenty of space for them to sit without falling off. From my angle I was a little bit worried. I don't think I'll ever get used to Shyla's thrill seeking personality. Most things don't spin enough, aren't fast enough, don't go high enough. A worry wart like me is going to have a hard time filling her need in this arena, but I love her so very much so I'll find a way! :) |


 |
| Sentinel Tree. |
 |
| Jacob and Shyla have never been in the snow before. This was their first time. They had mixed feelings about it. Jacob enjoyed throwing a few snowballs while Shyla was excited, but not enjoying the cold weather. |
 |
| Before (above). After a couple of minutes (below). Apparantly Jacob didn't want Malachi standing there. At least that's all we were able to get out of him (Jacob). Shyla on the other hand I believe was willing to take the picture, but was trying to get away from Jacob screaming. Somehow it all worked out. It always does. |
 |
| This picture and the one above is taken inside a fallen Monarch. |
This is General Grant, the nation's Christmas tree. It's the widest known Sequoia at 40 feet across. It stands at 268 feet tall and it's volume (46,608 cubic feet) makes it the 3rd largest tree in the world. The est. age is 1400 years old and the est. weight is 1254 tons.
No comments:
Post a Comment