Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Jelly Belly Factory and Dance Like A Pop Star

March 30, 2012- Went with some friends to the Jelly Belly Factory. It was a sugary fun time. We got to take a tour of the factory, but the planning on the planning persons behalf (not I) didn't see that the Easter bunny was only there on Saturday's, and we went on a Friday, and there was no factory production going on, so we didn't get to see the factory in action. It was still a lot of fun and the kids wouldn't have known the difference. Okay, they would have known if we told them, but thankfully I hadn't mentioned it. I've been to the Jelly Belly Factory before, but it's been a lot of years. I can't even remember when the last time was. After the tour and picking out some jelly bellys to take home (we brought home I think about 15+ lbs of belly flops, some for our parents, sugarfree ones for my dad, and some for a friend who was teaching a class for us at our house later that night.) we ate carmel apples! 
L to R: Gabriel, Malachi, Cheyanne, Shyla, Jacob
Below: Always so happy to take a picture :)


Jacob wasn't in a good mood when we went outside to get lunches out of the vehicles. Here Jake is trying to cheer him up with rolling him back into the building. It worked... eventually!
Shyla and her friend Lecia took a dance class together called Dance Like A Pop Star. They both have trouble keeping quiet, but they did enjoy the class. Saturday, March 3, 2012 was their recital. They did great! Lecia's mom Terry made the skirts for Shyla and Lecia. She's a very talented seamstress. Shyla still wears hers and like to hang it in her room with her purses.
After the show. The girls are so proud of themselves.
The next couple pictures were taken at the Antioch Marina just outside the El Campanil Theatre where the recital took place. I couldn't decide which one I liked better. When Shyla wants to be, she's very photogenic. Although, on the flipside, when she's not in the mood, no matter how hard you try, you won't get a single good shot. 


Watch out road!  After the recital we took the girls out for ice cream. They thought they were going to be driving home.
Shyla was so proud of her work. This was on March 10, 2012. She came upstairs and was so proud that she made her, Jacob, and Malachi breakfast burritos. I like to make them, but it usually has eggs, potatoes, cheese, etc in it. These just had cheese. She made quite the mess that the camera doesn't give justice. She only came upstairs to tell us because she said she needed help with the microwave. That girl has got to stop watching my every move. But I love her all the more for it. Her independence is unreal. I've heard it from lots of people from the time she was walking (about 10 months) that she's very independent. I even had a coworker ask for tips on how to get her daughter to be more independent. I must be doing something right!

No comments: