It’s just before 7am. The kids are up… and outside??? They come running in, “MOM, THERE’S PUPPIES IN THE BACKYARD!” Okay, I heard this story in February, that’s how we ended up with our dog Mesa. I look out the window and sure enough… more pups. At first I thought they were the leftovers from Mesa’s litter. Uh uh. They were baby pups. From the same parents. It had only been 8 months since the last litter. Since dogs are pregnant for, what, 5 months?, these pups were about 2 months old based on how Mesa’s litter looked when they came into our yard. So momma had to have gotten pregnant right away! SPAY/NEUTER YOUR DOGS ALREADY!
It was SO HARD not to keep one, but we’re already at the 3 dog limit for our city. The bottom picture is Mesa (the runt of her litter) next to the new puppies.
No comments:
Post a Comment