It’s true! We finally got a solar heater for our swimming pool. We thought about it that past couple years and thought against it since it would be too expensive. Well, the people that work for us doing pool services that come along know someone who does some pool repair work for them. That guy installed their solar heater for a nominal price (I won’t say how much, but it was about half of what it would be otherwise). Another good thing? The guy that installed it works as his day job for a company that installs solar heaters! He just does some work on the side for extra money. He makes money, we save money. It’s a fair trade off I’d say. There are 4 panels on the roof in the picture shown and 3 panels on the roof to the right that is at an angle where you can’t see them. Shyla has really been sharing my love for photography. While I was taking pictures of the roof she wanted me to take a picture of her. She was standing on the slide in the front of the house, the wind was blowing in her hair, and she had her arms out like she was dancing. Oh, and she dressed herself this morning. Her sense of fashion is definitely unique.
After I took a picture of her she took the camera, with strap around her neck, and went on a picture taking frenzy. These are pretty much the only shots worth showing. #1 is Jacob saying “cheese” while getting his picture taken. #2 is a picture of me, since I usually don’t get my photo taken since I’m the one taking all the pictures. All the other 75 shots were off the veggie garden, fruit trees, grass, sand, and some rocks, all close up.
I’ve been showing her a lot about how to hold the camera, how to zoom, and teaching her to put the strap around her neck in case the camera falls. The latter is sort of a moot point right now since even if the camera fell I think it would still hit the ground because she’s so little. I’m thinking about making a book of photos taken by Shyla and calling it, “A Day In My Life: The World Through The Eyes of a 4-and-a-half-year old”.
Friday, May 27, 2011
Solar Heater For Swimming Pool
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment