Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mommy’s Helper

I saw this cute apron at the store and couldn’t pass it up. I’ve seen little girl aprons before that had a matching adult apron. I was hoping to find one of these sets… but didn’t. I’m going to keep looking though. It’s so fun to teach Shyla to cook. She loves it and I love her desire to learn. She’s getting really good at making scrambled eggs, using the microwave, and decorating/baking cookies. I think the latter is her favorite. She wants to help do more cooking. I let her help with as much as I can. If I give her too much freedom with helping, I end up having to clean up more than I’d like to and sometimes end up burning or ruining whatever I’m trying to make. I do think it’s important to let them learn on their own, so there are times when I am teaching her how to cook and I take my time with her and let her do it herself… even if it makes a mess! I’m cool like that :)IMG_9137 IMG_9136

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Savannah and I have matching aprons and she loves to cook with me.

I can't believe how big Shyla is getting. Oh so cute!