Saturday, January 29, 2011

Shyla Turns the Big “4”

January 28, 2011- Shyla had her most recent well-check appointment.

Weight: 36.6 pounds (64%) Height: 3’ 5.5” (85%)

According to the rate Shyla is growing compared to America’s version of an “average girl her age”, Shyla is expected to be 5’6” to 5’7”. Of course she could be taller or shorter. I have a feeling she’s going to have the body type and size I always dreamed of having. I’ll just live vicariously through her. Hope she doesn’t mind!

Saturday, January 22, 2011- Today was Shyla’s 4th birthday party. She had been telling strangers in the stores for months that she’s going to have a princess party and she wanted everything pink. I thought it was a phase and something she was just saying in the moment. I thought I’d be able to plan whatever I wanted for her birthday. I guess this was the year that stopped. Not only was she still telling everyone she was having a princess party in January, she was convinced it was happening. I couldn’t disappoint. She got her princess party. Princess movies were playing during the party and when it started to calm down, Shyla and her friend Mia layed down to watch The Little Mermaid. The two were so cute I have to admit. IMG_8532IMG_8542IMG_8562IMG_8567IMG_8597It was a lot of fun. We decided to only invite girls this year, unless the boy was a sibling. We just thought boys wouldn’t enjoy making pink candy necklaces, playing pin-the-crown-on-the-princess, or eating pink cupcakes. All the food was pink and cute too. We had heart shaped PB&J sandwiches, pink jello/cottage cheese/fruit salad, mini bagels with strawberry cream cheese, strawberries, meat and cheese with toothpicks, chips and salsa, sparkling pink party punch, and of course pink frosted and sprinkled cupcakes. Mmmm!

SO the story of the birthday cake goes a little something like this: I wanted to make the cake for the party. I was getting some great ideas off the internet. Some were doable, while others were a little far fetched for me to pull off. In the end I decided to just do cupcakes and make them fun colored with sprinkles. The night before as I’m baking the cupcakes I realized Shyla didn’t have her own cake. So I busted this out. It’s supposed to be a crown. See the “jewels” on each point. *Sigh* Nevertheless, I got princess castle and temple (which it actually may be an idea I use for her baptism cake!). It’s clearly a crown! Haha! IMG_8529Monday, January 24, 2011- Shyla officially turns 4 years old today. She also started back in her Tiny Town Preschool. It’s a teaching school she was at last year that’s located in Deer Valley High School. She loves it there. I love her in the program. It works for both of us. She was the first birthday of the year. Couldn’t have a birthday without the goodies. I sent her to school with a bag of cookies that I individually wrapped for each kid. She got a special hat made, the kids sang to her, and she got to pass out the cookies. What a way to welcome in the new class, eh?IMG_20110124_103545After her nap, we improptuly (is that a word?) decided to take her out to eat for her birthday dinner. We went to Chili’s and met friends Phil and Laurie there to help celebrate. It was fun! Shyla ate enough during dinner that when her BIG birthday milkshake came out she didn’t even eat it! The rest of us ate it for her. Can’t let something that yum go to waste.DSC01426DSC01441HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY “BABY” GIRL! YOU’RE A BIG 4 YEAR OLD NOW! WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE? You continue to surprise me every day and I can see you mature as the months go by. Keep up the progress and keep being cute! My day is made perfect when you smile!

No comments: