It was a random day and I wanted to do something for the kids that would keep them entertained while I made lunch. It didn't free me up as much as I'd hoped. In fact it didn't free me up at all. After I made the tent, I made a late lunch, and there was late naps. But they had fun. They both enjoyed running in circles around the couch and through the tent. I'm sure we'll be making more in the near future. I left it up for a few days afterwards, but I guess when the newness wore off so did the interest. Maybe next time I'll just least it up for a day or 2 and take it down to keep it "new".
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Made A Tent
I think one of the best inventions for little kids is a homemade tent. I remember making them when I was little. We'd find the biggest sheets and blankets to use. It was fun to make a space that was "mine" even if it was just for a short time. I don't remember making a tent that I was able to run through, but that's probably because I was older and therefore bigger than my kids during this tent experience.
It was a random day and I wanted to do something for the kids that would keep them entertained while I made lunch. It didn't free me up as much as I'd hoped. In fact it didn't free me up at all. After I made the tent, I made a late lunch, and there was late naps. But they had fun. They both enjoyed running in circles around the couch and through the tent. I'm sure we'll be making more in the near future. I left it up for a few days afterwards, but I guess when the newness wore off so did the interest. Maybe next time I'll just least it up for a day or 2 and take it down to keep it "new".
It was a random day and I wanted to do something for the kids that would keep them entertained while I made lunch. It didn't free me up as much as I'd hoped. In fact it didn't free me up at all. After I made the tent, I made a late lunch, and there was late naps. But they had fun. They both enjoyed running in circles around the couch and through the tent. I'm sure we'll be making more in the near future. I left it up for a few days afterwards, but I guess when the newness wore off so did the interest. Maybe next time I'll just least it up for a day or 2 and take it down to keep it "new".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment