Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blue Goose Park

Blue Goose

We heard about a park in Brentwood that had water fixtures to play in so one hot day we packed up the kids and went to check it out. We weren’t sure what to expect, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. There are lots of areas for the kids to play on/in. There a sand area with fixture to ride on, a climbing net thingy, a rock wall, a large water area with flowers that shoot out water and other things that shoot water, and a large barn style play structure. Shyla enjoyed the play structure best, while Jacob preferred the water area.
My mom bought me this beach tent probably 12 or 13 years ago. I think I’ve only used it once at the beach since then. It’s been through a lot of moves with me. I guess I knew deep down in the future I’d be needing it. We brought it with us last minute to the park. While others had umbrellas or canopy’s, we popped up our tent, and enjoyed our day. There’s another water play park in Oakley. We drive past it all the time, but from first glance it just looks like a regular park. The only difference we saw was that the park in Oakley had water fixtures that shoot up water from the ground while the one in Brentwood comes from the top. I’m sure we’ll be visiting one or both again before the end of the hot summer season.

No comments: