Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shyla Hearts Lipstick

Oh these pictures don't do it justice. Shyla has a big facination with chapstick, lip gloss, and lipstick. She even mistakes mascara for lipstick, though I don't blame her. The makeup manufacturers DID make different makeup in the SAME tube style. When she was younger she used to call chapstick "chap". "Mommy, where's my chap?" One day about a week or 2 ago, I went in to get Shyla after her nap. I opened the door to a bright pink face! OH I WISH I GOT MY CAMERA FIRST!

For some reason I decided to wipe off her face and then I thought I should've taken a picture, which is so unlike me! I'm hoping to either recreate the scene or capture it by accident. She's done it about 4 times since, but each time I open the door to a stained pink face. She takes blankets in her room and wipes the lipstick off her face with them.

Why don't I take the lipstick out of her room? Because I know she's only going to draw on her face (at least so far).
Why did I give her lipstick in the first place? Because I know she likes it. It keeps her occupied. And it prevents her from knocking endlessly on the door because she doesn't want to take a nap.

Why don't I get mad or tell her not to do it? Because she's practicing. She's being creative. She likes it so why not?

I show her how to put it on and she takes it from there. I even showed her how to take a tissue and clean around her mouth so the lipstick is just on her lips. If I can remember the next time she plays makeup with me I'll take a picture. It's amusing to let her put makeup on me. She makes such serious faces and she's so close to my face. Sometimes I laugh and she tells me I have to stop or she'll mess up. She is my child afterall so I'm not surprised she tries hard to do well. She's getting really good, so if anyone wants to have their makeup done for a party or something, give Shyla a call! She also specializes in blush, eye shadow, and mascara.

No comments: