It's summertime! I know it's not going to be really hot every day yet, but we're getting a taste of it this weekend. It's close to 90 today and tomorrow it's supposed to be even hotter. It's been really windy here for a couple days. Good at keeping the sun from heating us up too much, but bad for the pool. I've cleaned it 3 times in 1 day! So many leaves would get into the skimmer box basket I'd have to empty it so it would still suck water in. Funny thing is... we don't have trees in the backyard. It's from the neighbors trees. One in particular. It's a red cherry tree, although it doesn't have many cherries growing on it. In fact, I only saw 1 on all the branches we cut off. I'm hoping by cutting off some of the branches that hang over it will reduce the leaves I have to clean up. 
We went swimming today. Jacob has been in the little pool about a week ago, but this was his first real time swimming. He seemed to enjoy it. He sat in his floaty green aquarium and didn't cry. Didn't make any sounds in fact. Literally just sat there and floated. Occasionally we'd see him turn his head or blink, but really, he didn't move in there. He looked happy though. 
Shyla LOVES swimming! Loves it, loves it, loves it! She always wants to go in there. Any time we go outside to work on the pool, she runs and puts on her swimsuit and comes out to get in the pool. Sometimes we let her, other times we can't because we have to put chemicals in. She doesn't always understand, but she's getting to learn that if chemicals go in they can hurt her so she has to wait. She has a new facination of her pink floaty she calls "boppy". She can hold on and kick, mighty fast I may add, from one end of the pool to the other. She's even taken me across! She'll take anyone that asks for a ride. It's really cute! 


I enjoyed getting to get ou tinto the sun, get some vitamin D, and spend some time with the family. We brought the radio out and just had a fun relaxing afternoon.

No comments:
Post a Comment