Monday, May 31, 2010

Cousins

My cousin Ryan and his family were in town (Oakland) visiting with some friends. Ryan, Monica, Jeremy, Zachary, and Cameron. Shyla kept calling Cammy "my friend". I would tell her that's her cousin, Cammy. She goes, "Mom, where my cousin?", "Do you know where is my cousin?", and "Where's my Cammy?" They were able to make a trip over to my parents place on their way out of town. It was a short visit, but we all enjoyed the time together anyways. I cannot believe how big their kids are getting! I used to think the people that came up to me as a child saying, "Oh, Christina! You're getting so big. I haven't seen you since you were "this" big (put your hand out to show height)" were OLD. Now I'm that people! I guess they really weren't as old as I thought they were. I certainly don't feel old by any means. I know my body doesn't work the same as it did 15, 20 years ago, but I'm certainly not old.Before they arrived, we took the kids down to Carlos Bee Park. It's a small park down the street from my parents place. It's my childhood park. It's set back a little ways from the main road. It has bathrooms, a playground (that is updated from when I was a child), a stream, some pathways in the trees, and a small area to have a BBQ/picnic. Shyla met this boy at the park. He was so sweet to get off the swing and push her when she wanted to go higher.

No comments: