The ceremony was really cute. It started off with a puppet show. The students got to sing some songs for their family. Everyone stood and recited the Pledge of Allegiance (parents and family too). One by one if the students wanted to, they went up front to say it indivdually. Shyla said the first half nice and pretty and then rushed the second half and said it really, really fast. Everyone laughed! A few of the student teachers that were in the class got to say some kind words to the students.
Shyla receiving her diploma. Each child had a "name" attached to their diploma. There were some I thought for sure were going to be Shyla. Hers was "Little Miss Sunshine". It was fitting for the dress she was wearing, which she fondly calls her "Belle dress".
Afterwards, we got to go in the courtyard and celebrate with some good food. The weather was gorgeous so that was a bonus. The teacher said Shyla did absolutely wonderful for being the youngest one in class. That was so nice to hear. I'm already excited for her to go again next year. There was a lot of good food and snacks to eat, but what do I find my little girl eating???... a sucker!
In the meantime, I'll be having my own version of preschool throughout the summer and fall. I'm planning on twice a week having "Shyla's Corner". I've already got a space in the family room called "Shyla's Corner" where I've been hanging up her schoolwork. During Shyla's Corner time I'll be teaching her about fruits, vegetables, colors, shapes, numbers, painting, etc. I'm really excited to do this with her. It'll be a little challenging with little Jacob, but hopefully soon he'll be able to participate too!
1 comment:
Time goes by so fast. I can't believe she is already graduated from preschool! How are you guys?
Post a Comment