Monday, March 22, 2010

Tap Class: A New Beginning

Shyla started her second dance class and this time it's tap. I figured that I'll put her in a few different ones until I find which, if any, she likes best and then enroll her in those. We're going to try jazz and gymnastics next. Not sure if we're doing both at the same time or one and then the other. We'll also be giving her more swim lessons at home this summer. I'm not going to pay to take her somewhere when we have a pool in the backyard. MAYBE I can get it to be fun and have 2 or 3 other kids with their parents come over for a fun lesson. I'm no expert, but I know how to have them hang on the side of the pool, blow bubbles in the water, hold their breath, try to tread water, etc. But that's another post. Should be fun tough!

Tap class is very noisy. They start off the class with stretches and various activities with regular shoes on. Then they put on their tap shoes and practice their dance. This is still the age group (2-5) where they may or may not listen. There are 8 girls in the class. Of the 8, 3 are older, 3 are in the middle, and 2 are younger. One girl just stands there each class and doesn't do anything. Another one cries the whole time. Two others do their own thing dancing in the mirror by themselves, and 4 of them (including Shyla) actually pay attention and follow along... most of the time. Nonetheless, they will be cute at their recital coming up in May.

1 comment:

THE GROWS said...

so cute! I think that is the main reason I would want a girl, so she could be in dance classes. I loved that as a kid. she is so cute