Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Hansen Park (Lots o' Pics)
It was beautiful weather today and I just couldn't justify staying in the house. We packed up the car, took lunch to Jake at a house he was working at in Oakley, and came back to Antioch to go a park near our house. I love this park because it's in a safe area, it's not too busy (though sometimes I wish there were more kids/parents there), and it doesn't have sand/tanbark stuff to get everything messy. There is a sandbox there to play in but the rest of the play area is bouncy ground type of ground. Shyla absolutely LOVES swings! She has since the very first time she sat in one. She loved to sit and swing in her baby swing for HOURS as a baby and even enjoyed it when we'd swing her doorway jumper! She definitely has a great fondness for swings. Maybe it's the feeling of the wind in her hair, haha!
Slides come in a close second for her. She likes to climb up them. Climb down them. Go on them by herself or with someone else. Anyone really who will play with her on the slides she'll play with. I went down the twirly one with her today and it was fun. EXCEPT for the fact that I just don't slide as fast as I used to. Although I can still remember going down them as a child! I did used to go faster. 


Jacob didn't like the swing, but he did enjoy crawling on the ground where some sand was that got misplaced from kids taking it out of the sand area. It was very comforting to see my baby so happy. While he was loving the sand and leaves on the ground I could hear Shyla laughing on the slide. I enjoyed being able to take my kids out to play at the park. It's a blessing that in other countries may never be possible. I'm so blessed to be able to provide happiness and growth for my children. 


I tried to get some shots in of the kids in the grass, but as you can see Jacob didn't want to cooperate. Shyla tried hard to get him to sit and smile. Again, I need another hand while I'm taking pictures. One of these days it'll happen and I'm sure to get awesome photos!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment