Thursday, January 21, 2010

Playtime

Part of being a parent... is being a kid! What started out as just a playhouse for Shyla, has turned into a 2 bedroom house with a tunnel doorway and path leading to the door. It now takes up 2 rooms in our house. It's a lot of fun to play with her in it though, because she gets so happy. I have to inchworm my way into and down the tunnel, but Shyla is patient with me. She knows it's hard and even says, "Oh, it's hard" while climbing over the bar inside the house when she goes from one room to the other. It's probably one of those things where "you had to be there", but it's still really funny!A few of the shots that I got while trying to capture the PERFECT picture.
I tried to make chocolate covered pretzels with Shyla last week but for some reason the chocolate didn't melt, it burnt. I think because it wasn't fully chocolate, it was the chocolate-peanut butter chips. I bought more chips that were only chocolate and tried again. Jake helped her while I made dinner and Jacob looked on in his highchair. Can you tell which ones she made. I'm so proud of her ability to follow directions and the detail she pays to whatever she does.

2 comments:

Delirious said...

I buy dipping chocolate when I see it on sale. But the instructions say to heat it in the microwave for only 1 minute, then stir. Then heat another 30 seconds and stir. There comes a point, rather quickly, when it is warm enough to melt without microwaving any more, you just keep stirring. If you keep on microwaving it, it will burn. I haven't tried chocolate chips, so I'm not familiar with how to melt them.

THE GROWS said...

Dang,
That does look really fun. Your little guys so soo cute.